The National Service (NS) debacle in recent weeks has caused quite a confusion amongst both local Singaporeans and foreigners who have acquired Singapore Permanent Resident status as well as those who have gone on to take up Singapore Citizenship.
For families with male born, or are looking to build their family here in Singapore, National Service is an issue that many seek clarity on. Over the years, some of the common questions we receive include:
- I am securing PR for myself and family. Will my son need to serve NS when he is older?
- I am securing PR for myself and family however I may renounce my PR before my son reaches 18 years old due to undertaking an overseas job posting. Will my son need to serve NS?
- My family and I are presently PRs. However, I would like to send my son overseas to complete his Diploma / Degree. Will he need to serve NS?
- My family and I have already secured Citizenship statuses however I am sending my son overseas to pursue his Diploma/Degree. Will he need to serve NS?
- My family and I have already secured Citizenship statuses however we will be renouncing our Citizenship due to a new overseas job posting. Will he need to serve NS?
- What are the implications for my son if he renounces his PR before his NS enlistment? Will he face problems entering Singapore in the future?
- I’m sponsoring my husband for PR. He’s in his 20s. Will he be liable for NS?
Are these some of the same questions that you probably need clarity on?
Have you done your research and yet unable to obtain a conclusive explanation and answer?
This is where our clients put trust in us as experts. As an inbound Singapore immigration firm, we need to be adept and on top on all immigration related policies, so that we can dispense the right advise to our clients at every instance.
At IASG, we set ourselves apart from competitors because we keep ourselves relevant with the nation’s policies and economic interests. In assisting clients to front a strong application, it is imperative that are updated on trends and policies that can elevate or have a direct impact on our client’s approval chances. To understand how we can help sharpen your profiles, have a chat with us today by filling in our Enquiry Form at the bottom of the page or call us at +65 6493 1830 or email us at email@example.com