There are two (2) schemes for foreigners to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency (PR). The first scheme would be the Form 4A Scheme for Professionals, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS). This scheme is eligible for any foreigners holding the following passes:

  • S-Pass
  • Employment Pass (EP)
  • Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)
  • Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass).

The second scheme would be the Form 4 Scheme for Sponsored applications. This is eligible for people who are:

a. Spouse/child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen

b. Spouse/child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore PR

c. Parent of a Singapore Citizen

Hence, the other alternative to applying for SPR other than holding a valid work pass in Singapore is to fall under the latter scheme.


How can Immigration@SG (IASG) help?
IASG’s track record in Singapore PR applications remain stellar. We have helped individuals and families from countries such as India, China, Philippines, U.S.A, South America, Australia, Malaysia, Japan and Korea amongst many others.

Our intimate knowledge on Singapore’s immigration and employment policies will prime both Employers and/or the direct individuals to have a hassle-free experience in the application process. We will handle all application matters from paperwork, liaison with the various ministries, the application proper, as well as post-application matters, where required. More importantly, clients can tap on our expertise on all advisory matters to ensure a smooth application process and higher chances of approval.

To understand more and take your first step towards a Singapore PR, arrange for a FREE consultation with our Immigration Specialists now. In this consultation, our Immigration Specialists will seek to understand your true motivations and reasons behind the application, do a full analysis on your chances, as well as advise you step-by-step what your next course of action should be.

Any issues pertaining Singapore immigration, permanent residency, and citizenship requires in-depth knowledge of policy & documentation matters. If you have any questions or seek answers on the matter, contact us at and we will be more than happy to help.

Open chat