Besides Employment, What Other Ways Can One Attain PR?

Besides employment what other ways can one attain PR?

There are two (2) schemes for foreigners to apply for Singapore Permanent Residency (PR). The first scheme would be the Form 4A Scheme for Professionals, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS). This scheme is eligible for any foreigners holding the following passes:

  • S-Pass
  • Employment Pass (EP)
  • Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)
  • Entrepreneur Pass (Entrepass).

The second scheme would be the Form 4 Scheme for Sponsored applications. This is eligible for people who are:

  1. Spouse/child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen
  2. Spouse/child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore PR
  3. Parent of a Singapore Citizen

Hence, the other alternative to applying for SPR other than holding a valid work pass in Singapore is to fall under the latter scheme.

About the Author

You might also like…